On Oct 17, 2015, at 8:55 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> thx for doing this, I'll keep an eye on the builds

Thanks for helping out too.  You never know how software actually runs in the
wild.  I’m already hitting bugs that didn’t show up in testing. *sigh*

> one question: which jdk8? Some of the Hadoop builds (example YARN) are
> crashing the JVM..there's a whole list of jdk8 options, including, for ubuntu
> hosts only, openjdk. Should we switch the jvm for our nightly builds to open
> jdk 8?

That’s a great question. The directory isn’t labeled and interrogating the JDK
isn’t being helpful either.  Here’s the first ever run from Yetus…

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11820?focusedCommentId=14961948&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14961948

Unfortunately, I hit a bug when I enabled Docker mode a bit ago brought on by a
recent code change.  Until that gets fixed, we’re sort of at the mercy of
what’s on the Jenkins box.

FWIW, I’m in the process of testing the per-instance maven repos now.  While
I’m there, I think I'm going to bump the JDK7 version up to something newer
(we’re on 55, go to 79).