> On Jun 29, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> No objections here?

I talked to a handful of non-committer ISV-type folks yesterday and the general
consensus was that there is an expectation that 3.x will have all the
dependencies updated to something relatively modern if we can't either remove
from the client path[*] or shade them.  So I think it's a safe bet that there
basically won't be any major complaints for upgrades.

* - We should be able to use the same trick that is happening in hadoop-tools
to do this (effectively lazy loading). I'm not sure it's worth the
time/effort/politics to make that sort of a change.