+1

I would also like to see some process guidelines. I should have brought
this up on the discussion thread, but I thought of them only now :(

   - Is an RM responsible for all maintenance releases against a minor
   release, or finding another RM to drive a maintenance release? In the past,
   this hasn't been a major issue.
   - When do we pick/volunteer to RM a minor release? IMO, this should be
   right after the previous release goes out. For example, Junping is driving
   2.8.0 now. As soon as that is done, we need to find a volunteer to RM 2.9.0
   6 months after.
   - The release process has multiple steps, based on
   major/minor/maintenance. It would be nice to capture/track how long each
   step takes so the RM can be prepared. e.g. herding the cats for an RC takes
   x weeks, compatibility checks take y days of work.