Thanks Sangjin for pushing this forward! I have a few questions:

1. What is the definition of end-of-life for a release in the hadoop
project? My current understanding is as follows: When a release line
reaches end-of-life, there are no more planned releases for that line.
Committers are no longer responsible for back-porting bug fixes to the line
(including fixed security vulnerabilities) and it is essentially
unmaintained.

2. How do major releases affect the end-of-life proposal? For example, how
does a new minor release in the next major release affect the end-of-life
of minor releases in a previous major release? Is it possible to have a
maintained 2.x release if there is a 3.3 release?

Thanks!