On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> video being processed:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?
> v=oIe5Zl2YsLE&feature=youtu.be

Awesome demo Steve, thanks for doing this.  Particularly glad to see folks
using and extending the failure injection client.  Demoing the CLI tool was
great as well.

Wanted to mention two things:

1. Authoritative mode is not fully implemented yet with Dynamo (it needs to
persist an extra bit for directories).  I do have an auth-mode patch (done
for a hackathon) that I need to post which shows large performance
improvements over what S3Guard has today.  As you said, we don't consider
authoritative mode ready for production yet: we want to play with it more
and improve the prune algorithm first.  Authoritative mode can be thought
of as a nice bonus in the future: The main goal of S3Guard v1 is to fix the
get / list consistency issues you mentioned, which it does well.

2. Also wanted to thank Lei (Eddy) Xu, he was very active during early
design and contributed some patches as well.

Again, great demo, enjoyed it!

-AF