Hi Subru,

Thanks for starting the discussion. We are targeting merging YARN-5734
(API-based scheduler configuration) to branch-2 before the release of
2.9.0, since the feature is close to complete. Regarding the requirements
for merge,

1. API compatibility - this feature adds new APIs, does not modify any
existing ones.
2. Turning feature off - using the feature is configurable and is turned
off by default.
3. Stability/testing - this is an RM-only change, so we plan on deploying
this feature to a test RM and verifying configuration changes for capacity
scheduler. (Right now fair scheduler is not supported.)
4. Deployment - we want to get this feature in to 2.9.0 since we want to
use this feature and 2.9 version in our next upgrade.
5. Timeline - we have one main blocker which we are planning to resolve by
end of week. The rest of the month will be testing then a merge vote on the
last week of Sept.

Please let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks!

Jonathan Hung