From: Junping Du [mailto:j...@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:02 AM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 Release Plan

Hi,
    We have several important fixes get landed on branch-2.8 and I would like
to cut off branch-2.8.3 now to start 2.8.3 release work.
    So far, I don't see any pending blockers on 2.8.3, so my current plan is to
cut off 1st RC of 2.8.3 in next several days:
         -  For all coming commits to land on branch-2.8, please mark the fix
version as 2.8.4.
         -  If there is a really important fix for 2.8.3 and getting closed,
please notify me ahead before landing it on branch-2.8.3.
    Please let me know if you have any thoughts or comments on the plan.

Thanks,

Junping