Hi all,
Reporting bugs to Java is a bit weird/nontrivial so I'm sympathetic to Owen's
situation. The openjdk bug tracker requires users be committers so no one can
comment unless they're already contributing.

Their tracker is here:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/projects/JDK/issues

To actually file a bug, the form is here:
https://bugreport.java.com/bugreport

Yours,
Ewan