> one thing to consider here as you are giving up your ability to make
> changes in hadoop-* modules, including hadoop-common, and their
> dependencies, in sync with your own code. That goes for filesystem contract
> tests.
>
> are you happy with that?

Yes. I think we can live with it.

Fortunatelly the Hadoop parts which are used by Ozone (security + rpc) are stable enough, we didn't need bigger changes until now (small patches are already included in 3.1/3.2).

I think it's better to use released Hadoop bits in Ozone anyway, and worst (best?) case we can try to do more frequent patch releases from Hadoop (if required).

m.