If you tend to change the line limit, It should have a proper DISCUSS and VOTE
thread. If I remember it correct for ozone it was discussed to increase the
limit to 100 from 80 and that got vetoed.
So, we too should get an agreement first. Well I have gone through the ozone
discussion and I also don’t support changing the line length limit in general.

Regarding the nightly runs, I think fixing the flaky tests and getting away
with the frequent OOM errors in the build is something should get priority,
that would be helpfull to the project.

Fixing checkstyles, firstly would be just a look and feel change. Many
checkstyle warnings would be the one accepted by the committer while commiting
and the most important stuff, it would make backports tough, checking the git
history a little tougher, and apart from that these changes would be huge. So
reviewers need to be extra cautious, that accidentally some bug doesn’t get
induced.

So, Personal opinions: Line length stuff needs proper discussion and vote,
justifying a strong reason.

Chekstyle modifications also, if it is like tooo much of change, and no big
advantages, I think atleast I can survive with it, giving the fact it might
take my ease to backport issues internally as well as to other branches. But
still since it won’t break anything, so I don’t think so, I have any right to
say No to this. But in case you plan to pick this up with priority. Get the
plan discussed before merging.

Would be happy to help in case you plan to pick up the other stuffs related to
the builds. :-)

-Ayush