well, how about we flip the switch and get on with it.

slf4j seems happy on java11,

side issue, anyone seen test failures on zulu1.8; somehow my test run is
failing and i'm trying to work out whether its a mismatch in command
line/ide jvm versions, or the 3.3.5 JARs have been built with an openjdk
version which requires IntBuffer implements an overridden method IntBuffer
rewind().

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.IntBuffer.rewind()Ljava/nio/IntBuffer;

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSInputChecker.verifySums(FSInputChecker.java:341)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSInputChecker.readChecksumChunk(FSInputChecker.java:308)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSInputChecker.read1(FSInputChecker.java:257)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSInputChecker.read(FSInputChecker.java:202)
at java.io.DataInputStream.read(DataInputStream.java:149)