If you're volunteering -go for it!

   1. the hadoop-release-support project has been used to do a 3.3.x
   release, so go with that
   2. the wiki on releasing is out of date, as people.apache.org is out of
   date. you should copy it to the svn path

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hadoop/

The release support  modules "stage-to-svn" ant target can copy up; there's
another one to promote to production with an "svn rename" command.