Hi Amandeep,

Thanks for your info. My own java application has its own classes and runs separately. The only thing is that it also tries to create hsql server to cache some data. That's why I think there may be conflicts for multiple hsql instances.

What I want to know about hadoop hsql is its server model (e.g. In-Process (Standalone) Mode or Memory-Only Databases) and its default configuration (like default url and database name). There are some related properties in DBConfiguration class, like DRIVER_CLASS_PROPERTY = "mapred.jdbc.driver.class" and URL_PROPERTY = "mapred.jdbc.url". But I didn't find the default value for these properties.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jia...@sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center University of California, San Diego San Diego, CA, U.S.A.

Amandeep Khurana wrote:
What do you mean by your own java application? What are you trying to run?
Is it a Map Reduce job?

Secondly, hadoop talks to a database only when you are trying to read/write
data during a job... There is nothing else that it does.

The connectors to interface with databases are DBInputFormat and
DBOutputFormat.

-ak

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student