2TB drives are just now dropping to parity with 1TB on a $/GB basis.

If you want space rather than speed, this is a good option.  If you want
speed rather than space, more spindles and smaller disks are better.
Ironically, 500GB drives now often cost more than 1TB drives (that is $, not
$/GB).

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve