Tarandeep Singh wrote:
Hi,

I am running a MR job that requires usage of some java.awt.* classes, that
can't be run in headless mode.

Right now, I am running Hadoop in a single node cluster (my laptop) which
has X11 server running. I have set up my ssh server and client to do X11
forwarding.

I ran the following java program to ensure that X11 forwarding is working-

the problem here is that you need to tell AWT to run headless instead of expecting an X11 server to hand. Which means setting java.awt.headless=true in the processes that are using AWT to do bitmap rendering.

see http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/headless/ for details