Thomas Koch wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on the Debian package for hadoop (the first version is already in the new queue for Debian unstable). Now I stumpled about $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the classpath. Since Debian supports different JAVA runtimes, it's not that easy to know, which one the user currently uses and therefor I'd would make things easier if this jar would not be necessary. From searching and inspecting the SVN history I got the impression, that this is an ancient legacy that's not necessary (anymore)?

I don't think hadoop core/hdf/maperd needs it. The only place where it would be needed is JSP->java->binary work, but as the JSPs are precompiled you can probably get away without it. Just add tests for all the JSPs to make sure they work.

-steve