Hi,

I am trying to set up a Hadoop cluster so that any of our users can
access HDFS and submit jobs and I am having trouble with this.
I added a HDFS path for mapred.system.dir in mapred-site.xml as
suggested in an FAQ.

I start/stop the cluster with system user _hadoop.
I would like to be able to access HDFS and submit jobs as user "ryan"
(and other users on the system). When I attempt to copy a directory
from local FS to HDFS I get,

10/04/03 14:35:27 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 0 time(s).
.
.
.

How can I accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

--
RRR