On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Andrew Nguyen <
andrew-lists-had...@ucsfcti.org> wrote:

> I don't think you can :-).  Sorry, they are 100Mbps NIC's...  I get
> 95Mbit/sec from one node to another with iperf.
>
> Should I still be expecting such dismal performance with just 100Mbps?

Yes - in my experience on gigabit, when lots of transfers are going between
the nodes, TCP performance actually drops to around half the network
capacity. In the case of 100Mbps, this is probably going to be around
5MB/sec

So when you're writing output at 3x replication, it's going to be very very
slow on this network.

-Todd