Bobby,

We're working hard to make compression easier, the biggest hurdle
currently is the licensing issues around the LZO codec libs (GPL,
which is not compatible with ASF bsd-style license).

Outside of making the changes to the mapred-site.xml file, with your
setup would do you view as the biggest pain point?

Josh Patterson
Cloudera