Hi all,
I am the administrator of a hadoop cluster. I want to know how to specify a
group a user belong to. Or hadoop just use the group/user information from the
linux system it runs on? For example, if a user 'smith' belongs to a group
'research' in the linux system. what is his account and group on HDFS?

Also, I want to know how to specify the prefix of the home directory. If there
are two directories on HDFS, '/usr/smith' and 'user/smit'. When smith input
'bin/hadoop fs -ls ~/', which directory will he see?

Thanks,
-Gang