I remember facing such an issue with the JT (50030) once. None of the
jsp pages would load, 'cept the index. It was some odd issue with the
webapps not getting loaded right while startup. Don't quite remember
how it got solved.

Did you do any ant operation on your release copy of Hadoop prior to
starting it, by the way?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com