Thanks for the tip , I'll try it right away.

But a quick clarification, what I did is remotely connect to one node and mark
it as a master and slave. Then, before starting Hadoop, 'jps' will show only
'jps' but after starting hadoop 'jps' will show all the hadoop deamons. Isn't
this a clean start??

Maha