Hi All,

I have been working on running Hadoop on a new microprocessor architecture in
pseudo-distributed mode.  I have been successful in getting SSH configured.  I
am also able to start a namenode, secondary namenode, tasktracker, jobtracker
and datanode as evidenced by the response I get from jps.

However, when I attempt to interact with the file system in any way such as the
simple command hadoop fs -ls, the system hangs.  So it appears to me that some
communication is not occurring properly.  Does anyone have any suggestions what
I look into in order to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Jon