On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM, ahn <ahneui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody
> 1. configure conf/slaves and *.xml files on master machine
>
> 2. configure conf/master and *.xml files on slave machine

'slaves' and 'masters' file are generally only required in the master
machine, and only if you are using the start-* scripts supplied with
Hadoop for use with SSH (FAQ has an entry on this) from master.

> 3. run ${HADOOP}/bin/hadoop datanode
> But when I ran the commands on the master node, the master node was
> recognized as a data node.

3. wasn't a valid command in this case. start-dfs.sh

> When I ran the commands on the data node which I want to add, the data node
> was not properly added.(The number of total data node didn't show any
> change)

What do the logs say for the DataNode on the slave? Does it start
successfully? If fs.default.name is set properly in slave's
core-site.xml it should be able to communicate properly if started
(and if the version is not mismatched).

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com