how about to use to reset for your new network topology?

$> hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes

Junyoung Kim (juneng...@gmail.com)

On 02/07/2011 09:16 PM, Harsh J wrote:
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM, ahn<ahneui...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello everybody
1. configure conf/slaves and *.xml files on master machine

2. configure conf/master and *.xml files on slave machine
'slaves' and 'masters' file are generally only required in the master
machine, and only if you are using the start-* scripts supplied with
Hadoop for use with SSH (FAQ has an entry on this) from master.

3. run ${HADOOP}/bin/hadoop datanode
But when I ran the commands on the master node, the master node was
recognized as a data node.
3. wasn't a valid command in this case. start-dfs.sh

When I ran the commands on the data node which I want to add, the data node
was not properly added.(The number of total data node didn't show any
change)
What do the logs say for the DataNode on the slave? Does it start
successfully? If fs.default.name is set properly in slave's
core-site.xml it should be able to communicate properly if started
(and if the version is not mismatched).