untopposing everything.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Shrinivas Joshi <jshrini...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks much to all who shared their inputs. This really helps. It would be
> nice to have a wiki page collecting all this good information. I will check
> with that. We are definitely going with large capacity disks (>= 1TB).
>
> -Shrinivas

I think the guidelines would be good to capture, but that seems like
it'd be more of a footnote or subsection to a larger hardware
notes/specs/suggestions page with some guides for picking processors,
memory, et al(maybe also noting what flavors of OSes are known to have
particular upside/downsides).   It was noted no less than 3 times in
the thread this is a very fluid target and completely reasonable
choices today (e.g. X TB sata drives) might be viewed as silly in a
year or 6 months.

that's my personal opinion, anyway.

--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.