On Tue, 15 Mar 11 Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> What happened? I couldn't find any info on whether the packages were
> removed from squeeze.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hadoop.html says:

"The current maintainer is looking for someone who can help with the
maintenance of this package. If you are interested in this package,
please consider helping out."

I am sure that Thomas Koch who might still hang around on this list is
happy to add more context.

> So, what's the best way to install Hadoop on Debian Squeeze?

You can either go for the Apache distribution, which works just fine
but does not come as a deb package. Or you can decide to head over to
Debian and help with the final packaging efforts.

Isabel