On 21/03/11 09:00, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:33:02 +0100
Thomas Koch<tho...@koch.ro>  wrote:

Currently my advise is to use the Debian packages from cloudera.

That's the problem, it appears there are none.
Like I said in my earlier mail, Debian is not in Cloudera's list of
supported distros, and they do not have a repository for Debian
packages. (I tried the ubuntu repository but that didn't work)

I now have installed it by just downloading and extracting the
tarball, it seems that's basically all that is needed.

Dieter

There's an open JIRA on having Apache release its own Hadoop RPMs, pushing out debian JIRAs would go alongside this, but that requires on someone else to volunteer the work...