Quick followup.  I substituted the true mapper for a little python script that
just lists the cwd's contents and dumps them to the streaming output (stderr).
Oddly, I it doesn't look like the .jar far was unpacked.  I can see it there,
but not the unpacked version, so it looks like -cacheArchive transferred the
file but didn't unjar it.

Anyone ever seen something like this before?

Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei