All the same, no change in that...0.20.2.

Other people do have access to this system to change things like conf
files, but nobody's owning up and I have to figure this out.  I have
verified that the mapred.map.tasks property is not getting set in the
mapred-site.xml files on the cluster or in the job.  Just out of other
ideas about where it might be getting set...

Thanks,

Brendan