On 16/11/11 14:52, stephen mulcahy wrote:

So, digging further - hadoop seems to want to create a file

<mapred.system.dir>/<job id>/jobToken

for each job I submit.

I assume this file is related to the new security stuff. Can I disable
this activity until I require the security functionality or can I get
this file created somewhere else?

Or should the permissions enforced by the JobTracker on
mapred.system.dir be changed if this is always required?

I've explicitly set the following

<property>
  <name>hadoop.security.authorization</name>
  <value>false</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
  <value>simple</value>
</property>

and the jobToken file is still created so every-user seems to need access to this directory.

Should I open a bug about this behaviour or is what I'm trying to do unsupported?

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, DI2, Digital Enterprise Research Institute,
NUI Galway, IDA Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway, Ireland