Hello All,

I am a beginning hadoop user. I am trying to install hadoop as part of a
single-node setup. I read in the documentation that the supported platforms
are GNU/Linux and Win32. I have a Mac OS X and wish to run the single-node
setup. I am guessing I need to use some virtualization solution like
VirtualBox
to run Linux. If anyone has a better way of running hadoop on a mac, please
kindly share your experiences. If this question is not appropriate for this
mailing list, I apologize and please kindly let me know what is the best
mailing list to post this question.

Thanks
Sriram