From: Merto Mertek [mailto:masmer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:33 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop fair scheduler doubt: allocate jobs to pool

>From the fairscheduler docs I assume the following should work:

<property>
 <name>mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty</name>
   <value>pool.name</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>pool.name</name>
      <value>${mapreduce.job.group.name}</value>
</property>

which means that the default pool will be the group of the user that has
submitted the job. In your case I think that allocations.xml is correct. If you
want to explicitly define a job to specific pool from your allocation.xml file
you can define it as follows:

Configuration conf3 = conf;
conf3.set("pool.name", "pool3"); // conf.set(propriety.name, value)

Let me know if it works..

On 29 February 2012 14:18, Austin Chungath <austi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I set the fair scheduler such that all jobs submitted from a
> particular user group go to a pool with the group name?
>
> I have setup fair scheduler and I have two users: A and B (belonging
> to the user group hadoop)
>
> When these users submit hadoop jobs, the jobs from A got to a pool
> named A and the jobs from B go to a pool named B.
>  I want them to go to a pool with their group name, So I tried adding
> the following to mapred-site.xml:
>
> <property>
>  <name>mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty</name>
> <value>group.name</value>
> </property>
>
> But instead the jobs now go to the default pool.
> I want the jobs submitted by A and B to go to the pool named "hadoop".
> How do I do that?
> also how can I explicity set a job to any specified pool?
>
> I have set the allocation file (fair-scheduler.xml) like this:
>
> <allocations>
>  <pool name="hadoop">
>    <minMaps>1</minMaps>
>    <minReduces>1</minReduces>
>    <maxMaps>3</maxMaps>
>    <maxReduces>3</maxReduces>
>  </pool>
>  <userMaxJobsDefault>5</userMaxJobsDefault>
> </allocations>
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Austin

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and
proprietary to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the
named recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by reply email and delete the message.