Hi,
I tried what you had said. I added the following to mapred-site.xml:

<property>
 <name>mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty</name>
  <value>pool.name</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>pool.name</name>
     <value>${mapreduce.job.group.name}</value>
</property>

Funny enough it created a pool with the name "${mapreduce.job.group.name}"
so I tried ${mapred.job.group.name} and ${group.name} all to the same
effect.

But when I did ${user.name} it worked! and created a pool with the user
name.