But it is the same issue as with SQL and relational database : you will do
 a full (distributed, in this case) scan. If you want to do full text
search, then you may want to use an alternative solution even though (of
course) you could build your own on Hadoop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_text_search

Regards

Bertrand

--