Dave Martin submitted an excellent patch for defining rules in xml.

I have comitted it under org/apache/commons/digester/xmlrules,
along with the test cases, a DTD,  and documentation.

Jason, is this like something that you were looking for?

Thanks Dave :)

Now, some things that will need to be discussed/updated in the future
are:

1. Exceptions:  I not sure I like how they work, but didn't want to hold
up including the code.
2. Logging:     Using the commons logging api will take care of this.
3. Public ID:   What should we set it to?  Is there a standard for DTDs
in apache/jakarta land?
4. Helper Class: I think some updates will be needed to the helper class
DigesterLoader.  But I am holding off until I actually integrate and use
this code in a project (RSN).

Cheers,
Scott Sanders