On 12/4/01 3:19 PM, "Scott Sanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave Martin submitted an excellent patch for defining rules in xml.
>
> I have comitted it under org/apache/commons/digester/xmlrules,
> along with the test cases, a DTD,  and documentation.
>
> Jason, is this like something that you were looking for?

I like it better, but it's not really what I was looking for. I have
something that works for any arbitrary object model without defining any
rules at all. I have it working for the torque object model, and the
alexandria descriptors where the object model is made from numerous separate
XML files. In Turbine 3 we will have a great number of XML descriptors for
various things and I don't want anyone to have to write any rules.

> Thanks Dave :)
>
> Now, some things that will need to be discussed/updated in the future
> are:
>
> 1. Exceptions:  I not sure I like how they work, but didn't want to hold
> up including the code.
> 2. Logging:     Using the commons logging api will take care of this.
> 3. Public ID:   What should we set it to?  Is there a standard for DTDs
> in apache/jakarta land?
> 4. Helper Class: I think some updates will be needed to the helper class
> DigesterLoader.  But I am holding off until I actually integrate and use
> this code in a project (RSN).
>

> Cheers,
> Scott Sanders
>

> --