On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, John Yu wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:44:08 +0800
> From: John Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [DynaBean] DynaBean and XML
>
> While reading the "Building Form Beans from XML Schema" thread on
> struts-dev, I have some ideas for DynaBeans (if they are not yet discussed):
>
> Does it make sense to have an XML defining a DynaClass for DynaBeans? Then,
> instead of 'hard-coding' the definitions of the DynaBeans in code, they can
> be loaded dynamically from the schema files.

I think it would make a nice add-on to the DynaBeans implementation
classes to have ways to preconfigure them from XML input.  However, I
believe that this should be a feature of an implementation, rather than
getting baked in to the fundamental DynaBeam API contracts.

> Secondly, does it make sense to have some JAXB equivalence for DynaBeans?

Conceptually, it makes some sense, although JAXB seems to be focused on
generating "standard" JavaBenas that match the format of the XML data.
Alternatively, we could consider adding an XML configuration format (as
you mentioned above) as addressing the need that JAXB addresses.

However, my biggest concern is what version of JAXB you do this for -- the
final release may or may not look anything like the Early Access release
that has been made available, so it might be a little premature.

> --
> John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
> e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         w: +(65) 873 5989
> w: http://www.scioworks.com   m: +(65) 9782 9610
>
> Scioworks Camino - "Rapid WebApp Assembly for Struts"

Craig