Not if you want to do something with the elements, like keep the
recenmtly used ones around and maybe flush the elements that aren't
being used to disk. . . .

The problem is that in most caches you can set the number of elements to
be held in memory, but not the size, so you have to sort of guess how
many you want to keep around.  You could pass in an estimated size and
let the cache keep track of the total, but that's not really any better.
So, some sort of background cleanup might be nice.

> Application threads are not permitted  in EJB container and I believe
GC