Randy

I must apologise - I have been trying out 2 different pooling
implementations - the 'Ewin Connection Pool', and 'DBCP'.
Ewin always breaks on me when trying to write serialised objects to MS SQL
Server.
DBCP does as it should with all the SQL I use, but shows interesting
characteristics under load with MS SQL - openning and closing 100
connections from the pool is no faster than trying it without the pool. With
MySQL I see a factor of x5 difference. (- data below).

Is there any obvious reason for this that I am missing.
With the Ewin pool I see great speed improvements for the same test, but run
into other problems.

thanks
Andy Olliver

##################