> > > BTW have you seen the Java Service Wrapper?
> > >
> > > http://wrapper.sourceforge.net/doc/english/index.html
> > >
> > > I've not looked too deep yet at all 3 of these but its on my radar -
I'd
> > be
> > > interested in any comments folk have on the pros & cons of the above.
> >
> > The Java API does the same, and the native components look more or less
> > equivalent. The code for the component had been in the Tomcat CVS for a
> > while.
> > Tomcat is currently using a third project as its NT service wrapper.
It'll
> > be easier to depend on the commons rather than an external project.
>
> Cool - was just a heads up more than anything else.

I didn't know about it, BTW.
Tomcat is using that one:
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html

So there are plenty of these out there (and that's rather a good thing).

As for JSR 96, I'll reserve my judgement on it until they release a public
draft. Pier has been saying that it's bad, that's all I know.

Remy