Hi all,

I have a couple of observations on the new Comparators in Collections.

First, I'm not sure all of these Comparators are generic enough to include
in Collections.  ComparableComparator and ReverseComparator seem to be right
on.  NumericStringComparator, PackageNameComparator, and UrlComparator seem
too specific for Collections though.

It seems that if a Collection or Comparator would seem out of place in the
JDK, it's not a good candidate for Collections.  PackageNameComparator and
UrlComparator in particular seem out of place.  Most comparators are highly
specific, and comparators are also very easy to write.  Consequently, we
should be wary of which Comparators we include.  Bay, would you object to
removing NumericStringComparator, PackageNameComparator and UrlComparator?

Second, none of the Comparators are Serializable.  Shouldn't they be, so
that their corresponding Collections will be serializable?

- Morgan