Jason,

Juozas is indeed glueing the exellent SimpleStore library into one or
more of the examples for EOB. One small correction it is AltRMI not ARMI
that is the underlying RMI-less transport:

SimpleStore :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/simplestore/
AltRMI : http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/altrmi/
Enterprise Object Broker : http://eob.sourceforge.net/