Okay, Okay, I give up.  I'll get rid of the 1.3 specific calls.  The reason
they got used in the first place was because the JavaDoc for the
java.net.URL class doesn't have an @since tag for the methods that got added
in 1.3.

Add this to list of issues to be resolved prior to a 2.0 final release.

Marc Saegesser