On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> If all you're talkng about is new interfaces/classes to support the
> "push" method and this won't affect the "pull" method then why wouldn't
> you just put them in the existing package?  eh?   How does they're
> existance hurt me if I chose not to use them?

Again, if anyone feels he's 'hurt' and sends a valid -1 we have to respect
it ( and work around it :-). I don't think the argument 'it will confuse
people into believing it is mandatory to implement it' is very good,
but that's how apache works.

The initial proposal ( with setLogger) for example 'hurt' few people
( including me ) because it was not clear how it worked and what it did.

The current one - allowing to set a log factory in a component is better.

I think adding a setLogFactory() in the LogFactory to allow
per/application setting ( with a guard, etc ) would also be good
and easier to use than having a setLogFactory in each component - but
if someone has a use case for that, it doesn't hurt me.

Costin