Steve Downey wrote:
>>From http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndevqa/html/msdn_andersh.asp, an
> interview with Anders Hejlsberg, the original architect of Borland's Delphi,
> regarding some of the work he had done for the "Windows Foundation Classes",
> part of Microsoft's  J++ product, after he jumped ship from Borland.
>
> His work was later adopted into C#.

<snip type="article"/>

That was a very interesting read.  I'm sold on Delegates as a way of
doing things.  We basically did the only thing we could do without
extending the language--although it would be nice to have a JSR for
this puppy.

I tell you, it will make it alot easier for certain GUI apps....

myButton.addActionEventListener(
     Delegate.newDelegate(
         this, "handleMyButton", ActionEventListener.class ) );

And the logic goes in a method:

public void handleMyButton( ActionEvent event )
{
    // perform logic
}

And that's without modifying Swing!