I haven't used this feature - if anyone can provide a short
description and a proposal for API it'll probably have my
+1.

Regarding no-op - it may be better to try to provide a 'default'
or baseline implementation, if possible ( even if the behavior will
be inefficient ). At least IMO, commons-logging should provide
a common API but also try to harmonize the behavior.

Costin

--
Costin