No sooner did I post this than I realized that I was trying one directory too deep. The repository path should just be /home/cvs.

Jeffrey Dever wrote:

Is anyone using Eclipse to access the CVS repository? I have able to add a CVS location for cvs.apache.org, but the repository location is unclear. There is /x1/home/cvs/jakarta-commons and /home/cvs/jakarta-commons but there are no CVSROOT directories in them.

Questions:
1) is cvs.apache.org:home/cvs/jakarta-commons the correct location for the cvs repository?
2) why are there no CVSROOT entries?

BTW: I'm a hardcore command line vim/ant type, but Eclipse is SO impressive that its no fun working at the command line anymore :-(