Hi everyone,
I'm still comming up to speed on the other projects but I thought I'd through my
2cents in anyway coming from the perspective of what is done in attrib4j.

I see different approaches of what the @tag should contain and how it should be
interpreted by doclet processing.   One approach would give the raw @tag text at
runtime and probably is very useful to people who are already using xdoclet.  The
other mimics what the approach in .NET, that is, the @tag specifies the creation of an
associated attribute class what contains both data/methods.  At doclet processing time
in one case the raw text is associated with the annotated class and in the other case
other classes are assoicated with annotated class.

With the raw text available at runtime I suppose that one could create the associated
attribute classes on the fly.  Alternatively one could have a 'standard'
TextAttribute/XMLAttribute class which contains the textual data in wrapped inside a
class.

Coming from the xdoclet side I can see how preserving the format of

@simple we like to program

is preferable to

@attribute TextAttribute("we like to program")

but both can achieve the same results.

Anyway, I'll have to mull this over a bit more and I have to run to catch a plane now.
 I hope this wasn't too much off base from the direction you guys seem to be headed
in.  Either way I'm interested to help out.  Maybe some thoughts on the use-cases
would help clarify the approach.

Cheers,
Mark