Hi,

I've been using the o.a.c.collections packages for a few months, and I
want to applaud you guys for some fantastic work.

I do have a question: forgive me if this has been discussed before
(though I couldn't find it in the mail archive), but is there a
particular reason why the member variables in the
o.a.c.collections.iterators classes are private instead of being
protected? In general, why would you want to do this, as it prevents
subclassing? A particular case: I wanted to created an
ArrayListIterator that subclasses ArrayIterator and implements the
ListIterator interface. With protected member access it is a simple and
elegant implementation to subclass ArrayIterator.

Thoughts on the matter?

- Neil O'Toole